Thursday, July 01, 2010

Michael James Perry Executed

Texas serves justice yet again.

HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) — Convicted killer Michael James Perry was executed Thursday evening for gunning down a nurse at her suburban Houston home nine years ago and stealing her car.

Perry, 28, mouthed to relatives and friends watching through a window that he loved them.

"I want to start off to everyone involved in this atrocity, they're all forgiven by me," he said in a brief statement from the death chamber gurney.

He lifted his head from the pillow and his voice cracking, cried out: "Mom, I love you."

"I'm coming home Dad. I'm coming home," he added. His father died last month.

He never acknowledged relatives of his victim who looked through an adjacent window.

As the drugs took effect, his eyes fluttered and he hiccupped four times. A single tear ran down his right cheek, prompting quiet sobs from his mother and an aunt and friends. The victim's relatives gasped and motioned to each other.

Nine minutes later, at 6:17 p.m., he was pronounced dead, making him the 14th prisoner executed this year in Texas, the nation's most active death penalty state.   USAToday

3 comments:

  1. I like to read your capital punishment reports. Is there any correlation to the crime rates in Texas and their proactive program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a shame his end was so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only atrocity was the lack of time his victim had to say her goodbye's when she caught Perry's gift of lead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members