Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reginald Blanton Executed

Texas serves up some justice.

HUNTSVILLE, Texas – Condemned murderer Reginald Blanton was executed Tuesday evening for a robbery-slaying in San Antonio more than nine years ago.

Blanton, 28, was convicted of the April 2000 shooting death of Carlos Garza at the 22-year-old man's apartment.

In a statement after he was strapped to the death-chamber gurney, Blanton insisted he was wrongly convicted.

"Carlos was my friend," he said. "I didn't murder him. What's happening right now is an injustice. This doesn't solve anything. This will not bring back Carlos."

He also complained that the lethal drugs that would be used on him weren't allowed to put down dogs.

"I say I am worse off than a dog," he said. "They want to kill me for all this. I am not the man that did this."

Then he told friends he loved them.

He was pronounced dead at 6:21 p.m. He was the 19th inmate executed in Texas this year.    DallasNews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members