Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jaguar no more

I now know what the three strike rule means; You're OUT!

Now the number 18 is available on the Jacksonville Jaguars Football Team. It Seems Matt Jones does not need it anymore.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars released wide receiver Matt Jones on Monday morning, the team's Web site reported.

Jones was cut by the team following his release form three days in an Arkansas jail ordered after violation of probation on a drug charge last summer.

Jones was arrested for violating his probation after testing positive for alcohol during a random drug test on Feb. 27. His probation stems from his arrest for cocaine possession in July 2008, which also brought a three-game suspension by the NFL.

Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver was asked if this move was sent to send a message to other players.

"It is a message about, you know, we have certain standards, and people that go across that line, we just won't tolerate it."
If, if only Jones could have kept his nose out of the candy. I feel this may be the fall of a talented if not stupid Pro Football player.

On that note:
"We wish Matt well. We hope that he'll get his life together and be very successful," Weaver said. "It was time for him to move on."  SOURCE




A previous post about the fall of Number 18.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not into football (my husband just fainted when I said that). But I am truly amazed at how many of these guys have serious problems with drugs and alcohol. These are supposed to be role-models for our children?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear they need to lock these players in a padded room until their contracts are over..seem most of them can't help self medicating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members