- the act or process of executing.
- the state or fact of being executed.
- the infliction of capital punishment or, formerly, of any legal punishment.
- the process of performing a judgment or sentence of a court: The judge stayed execution of the sentence pending appeal.
- a mode or style of performance; technical skill, as in music: The pianist's execution of the sonata was consummate.
- effective, usually destructive action, or the result attained by it (usually prec. by do): The grenades did rapid execution.
- Law. a judicial writ directing the enforcement of a judgment.
- Computers. the act of running, or the results of having run, a program or routine, or the performance of an instruction.