Saturday, January 10, 2009

While talking


I was indicating to my Wife that I felt how B. Hussein Obama was going to be the end of the world as I knew it. I am very, very shallow. She calmly stated that our sun could just let loose (like a fart) with a solar flare (because we are coming to a solar maximum) that could act as an EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) and rid the world of all the pesky electronics, destroying the power grids here on earth and put an end to my dirty little affair with blogging and technology. She said we would have to dig a pit with lime covered walls and put a shack over it to act as an outhouse. My Wife is very practical in the face of disaster. What bigger disaster than if the crapper goes down? I would need to stock up on red and white cobbs. She also mentioned that at some time in the 1800s there was a solar flare that ruined some telegraph wires as an example of what could be the result.

Talk about putting things into perspective.

It might be like going back to the 1800s for a while. I would also have to learn to deal with Florida heat in August.


Then I discovered this:

ScienceDaily (Jan. 9, 2009) — Fasten your seat belts -- we're faster, heavier, and more likely to collide than we thought. Astronomers making high-precision measurements of the Milky Way say our home Galaxy is rotating about 100,000 miles per hour faster than previously understood.

That increase in speed, said Mark Reid, of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, increases the Milky Way's mass by 50 percent, bringing it even with the Andromeda Galaxy. "No longer will we think of the Milky Way as the little sister of the Andromeda Galaxy in our Local Group family."

The larger mass, in turn, means a greater gravitational pull that increases the likelihood of collisions with the Andromeda galaxy or smaller nearby galaxies.


This means B. Hussein Obama on the big scale is insignificant. While he could make your life here on earth a living hell, it is a relatively small thing when considering what could happen, happens. He is so insignificant that B.Hussein Obama could be put into a gnats navel and you would still have room for the Moon.

So in all actuality I have no worries except living the next day.





Nuff said.



5 comments:

  1. It's the weekend - so let's just go enjoy ourselves. I'm naive that way. But I know how you are feeling, I felt that way through the last 8 years. You know, all the ancient calendars stop in 2012.

    No snow, so I am going to get out and about while I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BHO is a pimple on America's ass... The solar flare issue IS real, and there is some damage potential- Let's see him pawn THAT off on Bush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite all these galaxies that are suddenly bigger and faster and with fewer calories and transfats than we thought possible, we still have only this little mud puddle upon which we can park our asses. And it is upon this mud puddle that Obama will prove whether he is a blessing or a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great more things that I had no clue about that will make me worry about impending doom.

    Dangit.

    At least I know what NJ winters and summers are like without the aid of adequate heat and cooling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, well, making it through the next day wothout losing anymore of my ass to taxes and government stupidity is what worries me...

    Hey, my word verification is "trash". As in government waste yet-to-be?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members