Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Word Tuesday

Vote
n.
1.
  • a. A formal expression of preference for a candidate for office or for a proposed resolution of an issue.
  • b. A means by which such a preference is made known, such as a raised hand or a marked ballot.
2. The number of votes cast in an election or to resolve an issue: a heavy vote in favor of the bill.
3. A group of voters alike in some way: the Black vote; the rural vote.
4. The act or process of voting: took a vote on the issue.
5. The result of an election or referendum.
6. The right to participate as a voter; suffrage.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

2 comments:

  1. I did! And I hope many more do today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I are voting today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members