Sunday, August 10, 2008

What has been occupying my time

A cheap assed analog to digital converter box. I have been putting it of for a while now. Since we have neither cable or satellite due to pricing concerns I went on over to Wal-Mart and picked up the $49.99 version.

I have heard that there were more channels and the picture (on a good day) was absolutely great.

I decided that it was now time to get one in time for the Jags preseason opener. It was about three minutes to install everything and may two minutes to run the setup on the converter box. Then: whammo, digitally clear television.

On the old analog channels we had:
  • 4
  • 7
  • 12
  • 17
  • 30
  • 47
  • 59
With the converter box we now have:
  • 4.1 HD
  • 4.2 Standard
  • 4.3 LAtino TV
  • 7.1 PBS
  • 7.2 PBS Arts and Cooking
  • 7.3 PBS World (Documentaries)
  • 7.4 PBS Info
  • 12.1 HD
  • 12.2 Weather Plus
  • 17.1 HD
  • 17.2 Standard
  • 30.1 HD
  • 30.2 My Jax TV
  • 47.1 HD
  • 59.1 Gospel & Religious.
  • 59.2
  • 59.3
  • 59.4
  • 59.5
So I have been busy checking the new channels out.

4 comments:

  1. We hooked ours up last month. I am not happy with it at all. Before the STB (insert rolling eyes) we had about 50 channels we could pick up- GA, SC, & NC channels.

    I don't know if it's the area we're in or that the stations here aren't broadcasting strongly in digital, but we can't get a CBS station for love nor money and those are "local" stations!

    I'm ready to unhook the stupid thing until Feb whatever date when we *have* to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it may be because we are a city that is boring and flat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New toys are always fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good short story...I hate the cable companies...I had a cable bill every month for $158.00. All new cable customers got the same set up for $85.00. Long story short I dumped all cable and gave my wife a cell phone. Got a dish for tv. I wanted to get an antenna but apparently my kids cannot live without sponge bob. I grew up on a farm and we had 3 channels. NBC,ABC and CBS....I'd say your doing pretty good.

    The Black Widow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members