Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Alligators; the numbers need to be thinned out

OKEECHOBEE, Fla. -- A man whose arm was ripped off his body by an 11-foot alligator survived the attack by gouging its eyes during its death roll.

Kasey Edwards, 18, was swimming with some friends at Nubbin Slough, a canal near Lake Okeechobee, Sunday when he was attacked.

"(The alligator) took my left arm off about 4 inches above the elbow," Edwards told WKMG-TV. "It was a pretty humbling experience."



I would be inclined to agree with this kid.

Honey; I'm home; unlock the door.






Edwards said he was face-to-face with the gator during the attack."

I looked back and the gator surfaced and I looked him right in the face and stared at him for 10 seconds," Edwards said from Holmes Regional Medical Center in Central Florida.

Edwards said during the fight with the alligator, he was not aware he was missing an arm.



Fear of losing ones life makes you ignore pain, at the moment.

They need to go on a massive alligator hunt down here. Daddy needs some new boots, Mommy needs a new purse and Baby needs to be safe.

Now if I could only find these in black.


Source: News4JAX

4 comments:

  1. Seeing that alligator up against that door gives me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gators, pythons, and crazy relatives: three reasons why I will not step foot into Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. H2o:
    You never just open the door out here.
    RT:
    Those are my Mom's reasons too, except I am the crazy relative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand why. You never no who might me coming for dinner. Snap snap...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members