Thursday, May 08, 2008

The perils Teenage Motherhood

These stories are getting much too common.

I present Shantez Williams. She is only 17, 15 when her child was born.Photobucket


Shantez Williams



JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A 17-year-old Jacksonville mother was recently taken into police custody and charged with child abuse in connection with the death of her 2-year-old son.

According to a police report, Shantez Williams not only admitted to beating her child, she also told police it had happened several times before last week's trip to the hospital.

"I just held him in my arms. Then, to get a call that he's gone -- it's hard. Anybody would take it the way I took it. It's a shock," said family friend Marcia Holloway.

Holloway said she often cared for the child and had no idea he was being abused. She said the day before the baby was taken to an area hospital the toddler had been vomiting, but she thought he may have had a stomach virus.

However, according to the police report, the baby was admitted to the hospital with an internal head injury. The report stated, "The child was unconscious and unresponsive with numerous fresh and old bruises and lacerations on his buttocks and body."

Williams' 2-year-old boy later died. Story Here.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous13:10

    I've known Shantez Williams for a while, though I haven't seen her in a year or so, But I know that she did not just beat her baby for the sake of beating her baby and I'm sure she is very scared right now. When I see the reports of people saying she was such a sweet child. She really was and is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then why would she?

    It sounds like she had little or no help with the child.

    No matter how sweet she was the fact is she beat her two year old son to death.

    Her parents failed her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right. They failed her in a big way. And back to repeating myself...Some should never be allowed to breed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:47

    She had little help raising her younger siblings before she got pregnant at age 14. Her parents are nice people but too many children put to much pressure on her. and they had to work so they could keep having more children

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her parents failed her? What "parents" would that be? Doesn't parenting require some action?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members