Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Buried Alive; the Sumner Murders

Part 3, Alan Wade.

As the third of four people involved in the kidnapping and burying alive of a St. Nicholas couple, Alan Wade, like his co-defendants, was sentenced to death for the crimes."

(I've) prosecuted multiple death penalty cases. This is the most outrageous -- the most vile murder case I've ever seen," said lead prosecutor Jay Plotkin.

In a simple act of that would ultimately lead to their deaths, Reggie and Carol Sumner invited Tiffany Cole, a family friend they knew from South Carolina, and her friend Michael Jackson to stay at their St. Nicholas home.

"We can never say definitively as to when the whole plan hatched, but it is clear when they spent that night at the Sumners' home, the Sumners were the type of people who had paperwork lying all over the place and they were doing some reorganization around the house so there was bank records, credit cards and that type of stuff very visible,' Plotkin said. Story Here.

3 comments:

  1. With a name like Michael Jackson....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read FirstCoastNews.com every day. Seems like Jax is getting worse than Detroit. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the feedjit widget cool! I love mine. I hope you are having a good week. I'm wondering if I can use a plastic spoon to dig a tunnel of escape....you can see where I am going here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members