Saturday, April 26, 2008

Book Meme

OLDNFO posted this interesting Meme so I thought I would see how it looked.
  • 1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
  • 2. Find page 123.
  • 3. Find the first five sentences.
  • 4. Post the next three sentences.
  • 5. Tag five people.

Here it is:"Historical Atlas of the Vietnam War" by Harry G. Summers, Jr.

1) "Personnel were drawn from all the military services, and from state, AID (Agency for International Development), CIA (Central Intelligence Agency), USIA (United States Information Agency), and the White House.

2) A MACV (Military Assistance Command Vietnam) general staff section was created under a civilian assistant chief of staff [and] four regional deputies for CORDS (Civil Operations and Revolutionary Development Support) served under the U.S. corps level commanders.

3) The cutting edge was unified civil-military advisory teams in all 250 districts and 44 provinces.

I do not usually tag people, so I won't. If you like it please by all means try it.

7 comments:

  1. Love the blog look. Fantastic.

    Do you do the work yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a down in the weeds review of Nam. I'll have to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katey:
    No, I have no skill at HTML. I spent about 3 hours looking for a new one. I have a test blog that I test all new templates I find.

    Old NFO:
    It is a very complete historical atlas. It is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this new look. You want to redo mine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could. I searched for a 3 column template for blogger on Google. Now I am expert at ruining widgets on sidebars.

    Who knows when my DD gets a little older I might have to just break down and learn how to do this.

    I am hopeless at HTML and all that CSS stuff.

    I finally found this one and I like it but there is a lot of stuff wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new look to your blog. I like it. I played along with your meme. Hope you are having a nice weekend. We are enjoying 2 nice days in a row before storms come through again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members