Saturday, July 07, 2007

Why we need the Death Penalty

Why do we need the Death Penalty?

This is why. Even for 14 year olds who are committing adult crimes. This victim and her son will have to live with this the rest of their lives. I cannot even begin to call the perpetrators of this cruel and heinous act an animal. Animals do what is in their nature to do. I will use a word that works best; Monsters.

Fla. Police Arrest Teens In Gang-Rape Case; Two Teens Charged As Adults In June 18 Incident.

Authorities said Avion Lawson, 14, and Nathan Walker, 16, are being charged as adults with armed sexual battery by multiple perpetrators, sexual performance by a child, armed home invasion and aggravated battery. (Source.)


From what I understand you cannot get the death sentence unless you murder someone here in Florida. It sounds like the system is broken. It needs fixing. I think the best form of execution was the firing squad. That is just my opinion.

5 comments:

  1. The most appalling aspect of this is that they forced the 12 year-old, at gun point, to rape his own mother.

    Clearly all the billions of taxpayer dollars spent on their "alternative schools", subsidized public housing, and other welfare handouts didn't make them good citizens.

    The death penalty for such heinous crimes? Of course. I'd argue for age 16 (14 seems a bit young, but you could convince me).

    Also we should restore corporal punishment for crimes of bodily violence. Seriously. Singapore uses caning (from the British naval tradition) and has very low crime.
    Here in New England, the cat of nine tails was the tradition.

    And make it public -- let their gangsta friends see what will happen if they cross the line. Enough liberal excuses and coddling !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is horrible and I don't mean to excuse their actions in any way. They do most certainly deserve the death penalty.

    Still......what happened to those two boys that they could come up with something so heinous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. redtown said...

    Well said; I agree with you completely. As a child my father made sure I knew what the consequences of my actions were going to be. I was never clever enough to think I could get away with what ever I had done wrong. I always was caught either red handed or shortly there after. As an adult I see just how good the police are at collecting evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BostonMaggie said...

    I know what you mean.

    It is a safe bet that one or both parents have been on the wrong side of the law. You teach your children more by what they see you do than what you tell them to do.


    Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. redtown said...

    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members