As the hearing began Tuesday, Judge Jack Schemer told the jury that the penalty phase could take up to three days. At the end of the process they will recommend a sentence, but the final sentence will be issued by the judge.
- Tracy Habersham, 26, was strangled after leaving a party in Columbus, Ga., in September 1997.
- Tyresa Mack, 24, killed in her Eastside Jacksonville apartment on July 26, 1999.
- Nichole Williams, 18, found dead Dec. 19, 2002, in a ditch on Soutel Drive.
- Nikia Kilpatrick, 20, found strangled in her Arlington apartment on Jan. 1. 2003.
- Shawanda McCalister, 20, found strangled in her Arlington apartment on Jan. 10, 2003.
- Jovanna Jefferson, 17, and Surita Cohen, 19, were found near each other in at a construction site in northwest Jacksonville on Feb. 5, 2003. Jefferson and Cohen were distant cousins.