Thursday, October 04, 2012

Life and some of its bitter aspects.

17 days ago I posted about my Father In-law and his battle with cancer. It ended this morning. His family was gathered around as he left. He will be most sorely missed by everyone that knew the man. I am still shocked at how quickly the cancer did its deadly work.

The loss is never easy for his wife, five children and nine grandchildren as he was a very active patriarch. He always told you exactly what was on his mind and I will miss his candor. I once heard a story of why he let his children and grandchildren interrupt him when he was talking to someone else. He responded by saying he was afraid they would never ask that question again and he did not want to miss it.

Thanks everyone for their comments and prayers on the previous post. I appreciated them all.

Below is an undated picture of him in the early 50s during his Airforce days while working on the B-17 drone program. It was here he decided to pursue electrical engineering. 





11 comments:

  1. Peace to you and yours Admiral...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to you and your family Admiral. May he rest in eternal peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to see he was a solid American, Father and Husband from your description Admiral. He'll be missed I know.

    Peace and Comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful this man will be remember by all those he touched...even me in a small way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughts and prayers, and know he's gone to a better place and is at peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Admiral, I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condolences Admiral. Lu and I will say a prayer of peace for all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sincere condolences, Admiral.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all. I appreciated these kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have my deepest sympathy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members