Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Benny Joe Stevens Executed

Mississippi serves justice.

PARCHMAN, Miss. — Benny Joe Stevens, 52, became the first death row inmate in Mississippi to be executed with a new lethal injection cocktail Tuesday evening.

Stevens, who was convicted in 1999 of killing four people, was pronounced dead at 6:22 p.m. (local time) at the State Penitentiary at Parchman.

"What I did was terrible," he said just before a mix of pentobarbital, Pavulon and potassium chloride was pumped into his veins. "Ain't no forgiveness."  Source

I agree with his last statement. You can't ask forgiveness to those you have murdered.

3 comments:

  1. At least he fessed up a bit at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the last statement too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a shame his last statement did not happen years earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members