Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Clarence Carter Executed


Ohio serves justice.

LUCASVILLE, Ohio -- Clarence Carter paid the ultimate price today for going into a rage and killing a fellow inmate during a jailhouse fight more than 22 years ago.

Carter, 49, of Hamilton County, was lethally injected at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility near Lucasville. His time of death was 10:25 a.m.

He apologized to the family of his victim: "Let them know I'm sorry for what I did."

But the victim's mother, Helen L. Bonner, said in a statement, "I have no animosity against him and I have forgiven him for taking my child from me...I am glad that justice is finally served, but my forgiveness toward him will never ease the pain of the loss of my son Johnny."  Source

6 comments:

  1. Goodbye.

    That woman is wise beyond her time, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 22 years... that is just ridiculous... 2 years maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking 2 minutes is more like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Odie is right on with two minutes

    ReplyDelete
  5. 22 years? "Justice delayed is justice denied."

    ReplyDelete
  6. So he killed a fellow inmate? Isn't that killing two birds with one stone...kinda?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members