Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day





I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.


  • Betsy Ross was a seamstress who made clothes for George Washington. In June, 1776, Washington approached her to make the country's first flag and the rest is history.

  • Francis Scott Key Inspired by the British bombardment of Fort McHenry, he penned the lyrics to our national anthem as he witnessed the event as British rockets whizzed in the air while our American Flag flew in the breeze.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Flag Day to ya Admiral!

    Out side of seeing my son's baby pics or seeing him in uniform, I can't think of any other symbol that causes pride to swell up so much that my eyes water up.

    I love our flag and all that it stands for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday ARMY..
    Happy Flag Day to all Patriots...
    C-CS

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent post, Admiral!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me it's Flag Day, Admiral. The Stars & Stripes are flying outside my home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members