Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Word Tuesday

Gloom
–noun
    1. total or partial darkness; dimness.
    2. a state of melancholy or depression; low spirits.
    3. a despondent or depressed look or expression.
–verb (used without object)
    4. to appear or become dark, dim, or somber.
    5. to look sad, dismal, or dejected; frown.
–verb (used with object)
    6. to fill with gloom; make gloomy or sad; sadden.
    7. to make dark or somber. 
Dictionary.com Unabridged
These are a couple of examples of the quality of people he has around him. Is that the same tie he has on in both pictures.

7 comments:

  1. This is what I'm feeling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow for 2 weeks...I could get used to this.

    Have a nice Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diller17:27

    Appropriate descriptions. I spent the day in the woods,away from the TV,no radio and with a friend who shares mutual beliefs of the state of the country,and our ability to survive what is on tap.Not to stick my head in the sand,just did'nt need this crap today.Hope we make it through this "change".

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always darkest just before the train runs your ass over at the crossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't sweat it, dude. We survived 8 years of Slick Willie, and we'll survive The One®.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, and we survived Carter too... BUT I predict a LONG four years of trying to defend our 2nd amendment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Diller, I avoided as much of it as I could.

    Hell, I chose to go to the DMV and renew my license instead of doing it by mail.

    You know the alternatives are bad when you prefer the DMV to them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members