Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Word Tuesday


Lame Duck

–noun
  1. an elected official or group of officials, as a legislator, continuing in office during the period between an election defeat and a successor's assumption of office.
  2. a president who is completing a term of office and chooses not to run or is ineligible to run for reelection.
  3. a person finishing a term of employment after a replacement has been chosen.
  4. anything soon to be supplanted by another that is more efficient, economical, etc.
  5. a person or thing that is disabled, helpless, ineffective, or inefficient.
  6. a person who has lost a great deal of money in speculations on the stock market.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

4 comments:

  1. watch out for the Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet this President still has the reflexes of a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It actually should read
    lame....
    DUCK!


    Word verification phrase
    "panovein" as in "My wife took after her mother when she grew these huge, honking panoveins in her thighs and calves."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to admire his dexterity in dodging the shoes.. what I want to know is, what the hell were the secret service dudes doing as the shoe missiles came flying? I thought they were supposed to dive in front and take one! I would have fired them, right there and then. I also want to know why that shoe flinger himself was not face planted in the dirt. I guess this and other burning questions will go answered by our "Illustrious Leader" yes, I use the term loosely but he is still our Pres for a few more days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members