Thursday, October 30, 2008

Great News.

A happy ending after all.
Two local heroes were honored on Wednesday by those they protect and serve.

Officer Jared Reston of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and Lt. Michael George of Jacksonville Fire Rescue both risked their lives while doing their jobs. On Wednesday, the Southside Business Men's Club recognized the men.
Later in the article:
"I'm not going to let him beat me. He didn't take my life that day. He didn't kill me, but he's not going to take my life either," Reston said.

Earlier this year, Reston was working off-duty at the regency square mall when he tried to arrest Joel Abner, 18, for shoplifting. The chase ended when Abner pulled out a gun and shot Reston in the face, chest and leg. Reston fought back, killing his attacker."

You should strive to be the best at what you do, and what I do sometimes is winning gun fights, and I won," Reston said.  Source
The post about the day Officer Reston was shot by Joel Abner is Here.

I feel very good about having Officer Reston in our community doing his best.

2 comments:

  1. "You should strive to be the best at what you do, and what I do sometimes is winning gun fights, and I won," Reston said.

    Best.Quote.Ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. That is one of the best quotes I have ever heard too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members