Wednesday, July 09, 2008

He claims innocence in honor killing




























"I have done nothing wrong," Chaudhry Rashid told Chief Magistrate Daphne Walker at his Tuesday hearing through interpreter Younis Farhat, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.



I guess he has trouble with English. I wonder how long he has lived in this country?



Rashid, 54, who speaks primarily Urdu and Punjabi, has been charged with murder in connection with the death of his 25-year-old daughter Sandeela Kanwal. She was found strangled to death with a bungee cord Sunday in the family's Jonesboro, Ga., home.



Police said Rashid was so angered that his daughter planned to divorce her husband that he killed her after a heated argument at the family's home, FOX News affiliate MyFOXAtlanta reported.



Of course he won't be eating like other prisoners I say bread and water.



During Tuesday's hearing, Rashid told the judge he wanted to observe his Muslim beliefs while in jail, including a diet that forbids the consumption of pork, the paper said.



Source: Fox News

1 comment:

  1. I bet he's going to get his share of "pork" in prison.

    One can only hope anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members