Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Women who eat more calories are more likely to have sons.

All this time I thought that the sperm decided if it was a boy or girl. Now I find out it may be calories consumed. I am very confused now.

A sperm meeting an egg.
A sperm meeting an egg.

Women who eat more calories around the time of conception are more likely to have sons, according to a study.Researchers said it is the first evidence that a child's sex is linked to the mother's diet.Teams at the University of Exeter and Oxford studied 740 women who were pregnant for the first time. They gave records of their eating habits and were then put in three groups based on calories consumed per day. Story Here.

1 comment:

  1. That's just funny. I gained an unbelievable amount of weight while I was preggers and ate everything in sight....what do you know, a baby girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Where are the Photo credits?

I find most the images uncredited on random sites, but I will add credits if someone lets me know who the has the rights to the image.

Boarding Party Members